Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ubuntu 10.04 upgrade on Toshiba Satellite: Adobe Flash Player

Previous: Ubuntu 10.04 upgrade on Toshiba Satellite: Prep and basic install

At the time of this installation, Adobe Flash Player for 64-bit Linux systems was still in a preview release. I went to http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html and downloaded the tarball for Linux. No installation instructions were provided.

When I unpacked the tarball, I found it contained a single file: libflashplayer.so. The filename jogged my memory, and I looked on this blog for previous notes about installing a non-production version of Flash Player with Firefox. I found it in this blog entry, and copied libflashplayer.so to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins and restarted Firefox.

Gold!

Next: Ubuntu 10.04 upgrade on Toshiba Satellite: Skype

No comments:

Post a Comment