Saturday, August 22, 2009

Partial success with Logitech EX100 wireless keyboard and mouse

Previous: Ubuntu: No love for Kodak printers

The second home office peripheral I wanted to try with the new Ubuntu laptop was the Logitech EX100 wireless keyboard and mouse. I had hoped it would solve the usability problem with the Synaptic touch pad moving the input cursor when it detected hand movements above the pad.

It's one of those good news, bad news things. The good news is the wireless mouse worked flawlessly on a plug-and-play basis with no installation, configuration, or other effort on my part. With the touch pad turned off, I've been typing my little heart out for several minutes now, and Ubuntu is still responding to keyboard input (from the Toshiba laptop's keyboard).

The bad news is that I've got no response from the wireless keyboard. But the truth is, the wireless mouse solves my particular problem quite nicely.

I found a note on a forum complaining about this model of wireless mouse not working with Open Office spreadsheet on Ubuntu. I gave that a try, and apparently the problem was solved in a subsequent release. No problems here.

Next: Value Stream Mapping font

No comments:

Post a Comment