Saturday, June 25, 2011

Ubuntu 11.04 installation

Previous: Installing Android SDK and Eclipse ADT plug-in

I managed to corrupt the root partition on my main personal system, a Toshiba Satellite P500. Since I had to re-install Ubuntu anyway, I took the opportunity to move on to 11.04.

I wanted to keep the same partition structure as I had before on the Toshiba, with a 30GB partition mounted at /, an 8GB swap partition, and the rest of the disk as a single partition mounted at /home. The installation went smoothly. Just remember to connect your machine to the internet by wire for purposes of the installation. It won't find your wireless adapter during the installation process.

Default settings in .bashrc are a little different in 11.04 than they were in 10.04.
It ships with popular ls aliases and with .bash_aliases already sourced.
I made no changes to .bashrc this time.

Next: Ubuntu 11.04 on Wubi with Windows 7 host - FAIL

No comments:

Post a Comment